The Veterinary Defence Society Limited (VDS) is a mutual insurance company founded in 1865, and run by experienced veterinary surgeons on behalf of the veterinary profession.
Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, we look after the veterinary profession in the UK and Ireland by:
- insuring against claims of veterinary negligence
- ensuring that each case is handled by a clinically experienced veterinary professional with specific experience in claims management
- defending reputations against claims and offering compensation when appropriate
- providing cover for negligence resulting in human injury
- providing legal representation at criminal and disciplinary hearings for both vets and Registered Veterinary Nurses
- offering veterinary advice and guidance to members by telephone, email, newsletters, training courses and other publications.
The VDS Offices in Knutsford, Cheshire.