Membership Liaison Manager (UK)
The Veterinary Defence Society wishes to appoint a part-time Membership Liaison Manager to complement the Membership Team by developing and nurturing communication with the VDS membership - be they professional associations, or medium to large employers. The building and maintaining of relationships will be a key component of this role. Attendance at conferences will be expected in order to ensure that major species group specialist divisions can benefit from a close liaison. Similarly, a strong collaborative with SPVS, BVA and their Young Vet Network will be essential.
The Membership Liaison Manager UK will report to the Director of Membership and will provide support to the Membership team. He or she will also have close links with the Head of Member Services, the Claims and Underwriting groups within the VDS, and the VDS Training team.
The Membership Liaison Manager UK will maintain the integrity and reputation of the VDS by;
- representing ‘grass roots’ members’ views ensuring that they are heard.
- assisting in the promotion and delivery of VDS initiatives and projects.
- advising members on policy issues, assisting staff in Membership Department to deliver unambiguous advice to enquiring members.
- peer reviewing advice of others and subjecting own advice to similar scrutiny.
Qualifications & Skills Level
- An experienced, qualified veterinary surgeon.
- Highly skilled communicator with good existing networks within the veterinary profession and enthusiasm and ability to develop more.
- Skilled in project management.
- Proven team player.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Dealing professionally and competently with members and their policy queries.
- Promoting and projecting the benefits of VDS membership in talks to member groups and at Congresses.
- Involvement in planning and implementing VDS projects.
- Attending and contributing to meetings of the Underwriting and Claims groups as required – perhaps once or twice a year after the training/probationary period.
- Attending meetings of veterinary organisations to act as a link to the VDS.
- Ensuring the VDS is fully appraised of issues affecting the UK veterinary and veterinary nursing professions by organising events, focus groups and surveys of members.
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th September 2018.
Interviews will be held at Knutsford.