The VDS Student Club is available exclusively for those enrolled in veterinary or veterinary nursing courses that will allow them to register with the RCVS or VCI on graduation.
When you sign up to the Student Club you'll receive a free monthly e-newsletter with access to resources, training and advice, and a look into your future as a veterinary professional! Here's 'The EMS Issue', an example of the monthly newsletter from May 2022, which every Student Club member receives.
VDS Student Club membership is FREE and provides access to useful resources from the VDS, VDS Training and VDS Support, such as:
- An eNewsletter outlining the challenges and pitfalls that vets and RVNs encounter in practice and articles, resources and advice to help support you through your studies and your early years in practice
- Support and guidance provided by our VDS team (which has many experienced vets and veterinary nurses!)
- Up to date developments on new systems, apps and resources available to you when you graduate
- Free entry into VDS, VDS Training and VDS Support run student competitions and promotions
- Networking opportunities, training and online webinars
- Events and congresses suitable for veterinary and veterinary nursing students and recent graduates
- News of student promotions and events such as the AVS EMS Travel Grant
- Useful content and information from other key veterinary and veterinary nursing organisations
Want to be in with a chance of winning £100 pizza* voucher?
Between October 2023 and January 2024, all members of the VDS Student Club will be automatically entered into a prize draw with a new winner chosen every month!
Winner’s names will be announced here and on our social media.
Remember, you need to be a member of the VDS Student Club to enter, so sign up if you haven’t already!
Each member will receive one entry into the draw each month. If you’re the lucky winner, you’ll be contacted via email within the first 7 days of the next month.
The Student Club newsletter and entry into the Pizza Prize Draw are free!
*Electronic gift card voucher from one of our chosen retailers
- The VDS will administer the prize draw.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter the prize draw. There is no charge to register for the VDS Student Club newsletter as part of the entry process.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or the terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside our reasonable control.
- Entry is exclusively open to veterinary students enrolled in veterinary courses that will allow them to register with the RCVS or VCI upon graduation.
- Employees of The Veterinary Defence Society Limited or any associated company of The Veterinary Defence Society Limited and their immediate families, persons connected with the prize draw and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
- By registering for the VDS Student Club and entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are aged 18 or over and you are a veterinary student enrolled in veterinary courses that will allow you to register with the RCVS or VCI upon graduation.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Where a winner has been selected and we discover or have reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry (for example, by using different email addresses or using a computer system or ‘script’ or any other automated means), we reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random, from all qualifying entries made within the prize draw duration (October 2023 - January 2024).
- In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. There shall be no right of appeal.
- Each valid entry will be assigned an individual number and the winning entry will be selected using a random number generator.
- Prize winners will be notified by email within 7 working days of the draw being made. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within 30 days of receipt of the notification email will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prize winners’ names and the name of their University will be published on the VDS Insurance website on the Student Club page (in which the competition originally appeared) and on the VDS Insurance Facebook and Twitter accounts. By signing up to the Student Club newsletter and entering the prize draw, you consent to such use of your personal data.
- The deadline for entries is the last day of the month (October, November, December 2023 and January 2024) at 11.59pm.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, lack of use of the electronic prize voucher (within its validity date set out by the chosen retailer) or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the prize draw or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of the electronic prize voucher, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or any combination thereof.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent.
- The prize draw and terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
Please note: The VDS does not provide insurance cover to students. However once qualified, students are able to apply for cover with the Society which, if accepted, will provide access to member benefits.
The content offered on this page is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, the Prudential Regulation Authority or the Central Bank of Ireland.