Accommodation Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
- The prize draw is being run by The Veterinary Defence Society Limited.
Eligibility to enter
- The prize draw is exclusively available to veterinary graduates eligible to register with the RCVS or VCI, who have purchased a ticket to attend the VDS Graduate Event 2024.
- Employees of The Veterinary Defence Society Limited or any associated company of The Veterinary Defence Society Limited and their immediate families, persons connected with the prize draw and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
- By purchasing a VDS Recent Graduate Event 2024 ticket and entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are aged 18 or over and you are a veterinary graduate eligible to register with the RCVS or VCI.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Where a winner has been selected and we discover or have reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry (for example, by using different email addresses, purchasing more than one ticket, or using a computer system or ‘script’ or any other automated means), we reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these terms and conditions. A refund of any additionally purchased tickets will not be refunded.
- The deadline for entries is the 30 April 2024 at 11.59pm. Entries after this date and time will not be included in the draw.
How to enter
- Upon purchasing a ticket to the VDS Recent Graduate Event before 30 April 2024 and opting to enter the prize draw via the link in your booking confirmation by 15 May 2024, you will be entered into the prize draw for one participant to win a night’s accommodation on Friday 20 September 2024, within 10 miles of the event venue, The Wellbeing Farm in Bolton.
- The prize is non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- The prize winner will be chosen at random, from all qualifying entries made within the prize draw duration (01 January 2024 – 30 April 2024).
- Each valid entry will be assigned an individual number and the winning entry will be selected using a random number generator.
Receipt of the prize
- The prize winner will be notified by email within 7 working days of the draw being made. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within 25 days of receipt of the notification email will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- If the winner requires a room to support any additional needs, this needs to be made clear in writing via email to the VDS once the winner confirmation email is received. Failure to do so may result in a room that isn't suitable for the winner.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, lack of use of the accommodation offered, or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the prize draw or as a result of accepting any prize, nor any additional charges or fines incurred by the winner. We are not responsible for any problems encountered during the stay at the accommodation, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems including incomplete purchases or any combination thereof.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent.
- For further details on how we will use your personal data, please view our Privacy Notice.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or the terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside our reasonable control.
- In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. There shall be no right of appeal.
- These rules are governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.