Developing exceptional leaders within the veterinary profession
Do you want to be a confident, dynamic and flexible leader who can engage, motivate and drive your own career, team and practice to success while creating a culture that strengthens and develops the veterinary team within your practice and enables everyone to fulfil their potential? We can help you become that exceptional leader.
Supported by extensive Masters and Doctoral research carried out by Dr Catherine Oxtoby and Carolyne Crowe, The Veterinary Leadership Programme will help you to deal with the challenges you face every day as a leader in practice.
Building on your heightened self-awareness and understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, you'll develop strategies for resilience, communicating with others, motivating your team and resolving conflict. You’ll explore a range of organisational leadership challenges including the selection and scoping of quality improvement projects, their management and sustainment and the development of a positive practice culture.
With a bespoke combination of online teaching, face-to-face learning, personal coaching and mentoring, reflective practice and practical project work that will make a difference in your organisation, this immersive, comprehensive and supportive multi-modal programme over 5 months uses evidence-based tools and strategies that will make a real difference to your effectiveness as a leader in practice.
About The Veterinary Leadership Programme
We've developed The Veterinary Leadership Programme for veterinary professionals with a leadership role such as practice managers, head nurses, partners, clinical directors, reception managers and team leaders.
It consists of two two-day workshops with personal performance coaching and workplace support both between and after the workshops.
Thursday 15 and Friday 16 March 2018 OR Wednesday 03 and Thursday 04 October 2018
During the first workshop, you will:
- Complete your own DISC behavioural profile.
- Understand your strengths and identify your areas for growth.
- Understand how to create a resilient and sustainable leadership style.
- Understand the keys to motivating, engaging and effective communication with others.
- Identify the key challenges to successful leadership and how to overcome them. You'll look at dealing with poor performance, conflict and difficult situations, managing time, setting expectations and boundaries for effective work.
- Understand the essential role of culture.
- Identify and scope a quality improvement project for your practice.
Over the following three months, you'll receive three coaching sessions with a performance coach who will help and support you to implement the project you identified in the first workshop and implement your learning in the real world.
Thursday 12 and Friday 13 July 2018 OR Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 February 2019
During the second workshop, you'll:
- Recap on what has worked well and what hasn’t worked well.
- Identify areas of strength and weakness using SWOT analysis to move your projects forward.
- Learn to use Practice Standards System requirements such as clinical audit, root cause analysis of significant events, M and M rounds and RESPECT tools to engage teams and leverage success.
- Learn how to lead an effective team meeting, manage change and sustain initiatives.
- Understand how to thrive in the current veterinary environment.
- Develop your project ideas and aspirations.
After the workshops
After the workshop, you'll receive two further coaching sessions with your performance coach to empower you to make and sustain the changes that are right for you and your team.